Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dress Shopping

Last weekend Sara and I went dress shopping. I was terrified. I had visions of squeezing myself into tiny dresses in the most unflattering ways, dealing with pushy salespeople, and getting overwhelmed by crowds of cooing ladies and gawdy sparklies. But, it was actually quite fun! Thank you, Sara! We went to 2 stores and I found a dress that I liked enough to give a second thought to at both stores. I don't think I'll pick either of them though. Sara took pictures and looking at them outside of the store ambiance, they lost a little luster for me. Here is one of them. Simple, elegant and romantic. And cheap! I think I want something a bit more fun.
Close but no cigar


I think I'm probably going to stress out about picking a dress for a while. It's a hard decision! And I am so indecisive. The structure in the dresses helps my posture and makes them all feel sort of regal. Some of them look terrible, but a lot of them look nice. But what look do I want? How forgiving do I want it to be? Am I going to be able to dance? Will it photograph well? Is it ME?

I had dinner with a very practical engaged friend last night who just bought her dress. She had a typically cool, reasonable attitude about it: Just pick one that looks nice and doesn't cost too much. None of that pins-and-needles, make-you-feel-like-a-princess, you-were-meant-for-me, business. Save that for the honeymoon.

1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful! I like the colored sash. How do you feel about colored sashes?

    ReplyDelete