Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Save the Dates

Getting out our save the date cards has been a rather lengthy process. We started them a while ago, tweaked the design a bunch of times, then figured out how to print them, re-sized them to fit in envelopes (oops), went out and bought colored envelopes, and then put all this away safely on the kitchen table for the last two weeks while we did other life things. I don't feel pressure to get these out -- we have 6 months to go and most people are already "saving the date". But, they do need to get finished soon -- and we should get them out before the holiday season bears down.

Last night I started addressing the envelopes. I was surprised that it made me so happy! I'd looked at our guest list (which is still not final) many times. But actually writing the names and addresses of our friends and family on the envelopes made the whole thing seem even more real. It made me excited for the party! Now we just need to get stamps and finish addressing the other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment