Monday, June 6, 2011

Exhale : )

Wow, apparently writing that first post was very cathartic for me. I've been so much more relaxed since then! I also think it has to do with getting through some of the first major hurdles. To sum up the last month: omg we're going to get engaged omg we're going to get engaged like NOW! Omg we're engaged!! Omg we need to plan a wedding. Omg I want to get married next spring so we better figure this shiz out. Ok parents are cool and helping with $$. Omg there are a zillion choices to make. I like gray and coral. No, gray and orange. Oh crap, parents are no longer cool -- suddenly I feel like I'm 13 again. Oh crap, what do I think about religion?? Google religious stuff. Look how pretty peach and coral are! Spend hours writing a very short email to retired priest i like. Oh crap, there are a zillion venues but none of them are perfect. I think I like gray and coral. Salmon? Sigh, false information gets everyone upset! Don't forget to work around Timmy's graduation events. Hey look! This looks like a nice venue. hey look, they have goats! And an owl! Oh nice, priest will be cool and church is available. Excellent, venue is available on the only date the works! This might actually work! Exhale. Hey, check out all these other great things not related to weddings, like parks and bikes and cooking and exercising and gardening and shopping.
That about brings me up to now.

So, nothing is officially locked in, but I think it's going to go down something like this:
May 19, 2012
Church ceremony, maybe outside at my family's church or maybe inside the really awkward "meeting space" where mass is held (I prefer ugly 1960s architecture with hippie intentions to beautiful, stuffy churches) probably around 3pm
Cocktails and reception at the howard county conservancy around 5
Maybe there will be an awesome Americana band for outdoor cocktails in the garden. Maybe there will be hula hooping during said cocktail hour.
Reception inside, with view of the owl. I like the idea of centerpieces with herbs and flowers.
Possibly a late evening snow ball.
Hopefully rockin the booty shaker until everyone is sweaty and exhausted.

I think this is an excellent start!

1 comment:

  1. yoohoo! Excellent start - and I hear you on the "parents are ok - wait parents are no longer ok" thing. I was so worried at the beginning that my mom would be craaaazyyy but she kind of just got it out of her system at the beginning and then she was amazing - I think it will be that way for you too.

    I have it marked in the calendar!!! yayyyyyy wedding

    ReplyDelete