Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome to my blogosphere

Occasionally I come up with a great idea for a blog. Some crucial perspective the inter webs are lacking that will, upon execution, make me an Internet sensation and also lots of money. This usually happens in the evening, after a long day at work and a few glasses of wine. Then, a TLC marathon distracts me (I'm looking at you Little People Big World) and/or I fall asleep on the couch. End of story. By morning I'm thinking clearly again about how much I have zero interest in spending my free time trying to be clever enough to compete with ShitMyDadSays. Plus, I need to save my jokes for real life. I just moved to a new city, and I need to impress real people. Not Internet people. So, therein lies the story of my life, unblogged.

At least until now. I now have something so exciting, so exhilarating, so rife with controversy, that it must be shared. Yes, I'm talking about planning my wedding. I wouldn't have imagined myself someone to go off the deep end with this, but in the three weeks since John slid this sparkly ring on my chubby little finger, I've been fairly obsessed with wedding planning. I could try to rationalize, but it's really quite embarrassing. I have three New York Times Sunday papers virtually untouched on the kitchen table, I have been locked out of my online banking system for months (ok, this isn't engagement related), and yet I am burning through phone and computer batteries exhausting google image search for all things wedding.

I hope that this is just a phase. I mean, I'm excited to be engaged and excited to plan a wedding, but, wow, I need to step down a bit. Think of all the TLC I'm missing.

So, I've decided to try out this blog as place where I can obsess, unabashedly, about wedding planning, and then hopefully get it out, get my thoughts organized, and then get back to important endeavors like evening bike rides and Facebook stalking.

And I left out one important part. You ladies with whom I'm sharing this admission of guilt and self-centeredness: I want to know what you think! Just imagine we're all sitting in the living room at 1705 drinking schnapsy Kates and passing magazines around. Don't worry, most posts won't be this long. I mostly want to share pictures and ideas and the occasional frustration. Actually, I'd say there's a fifty-fifty chance I won't remember the password and this will be my only post.


Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment