Monday, June 13, 2011

Snazzy Folk Going Places

I am excited to announce the secret theme for our wedding (at least for now, until I change my mind 100 times): Snazzy Folk Going Places. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, and it's pretty ridiculous, but I am quite pleased!

I say secret theme because John says we're not supposed to tell people. Like that was going to happen.

We decided on this theme last night on our flight home from Boston. We made a list of things that we collectively like, and then started to think about how we could incorporate the most important ones into the wedding. And wa-la, Snazzy Folk Going Places was born.

"snazzy", I think, gets at an appropriate mix of sharp-dressed, good-humored, ready for a good time, a little flashy, a little silly, and a little old timey. Fun that's fun, in your Sunday best.

"folk" because there will be goats.

And yes, Going Places means we get to have nerdy transportation references.

No comments:

Post a Comment